Friday, January 23, 2009

He Returned With Honor!

A missionary leaving for two years is something that I don't think I'll ever quite get used to. They are missed so much. However, we wouldn't want it any other way. It is a fun experience writing for two years, praying, sending care packages, etc. And of course, there is nothing like seeing them again after serving an honorable mission. Elder Kenne Worthen served for the past two years in the Texas Houston East mission. Wednesday, January 21st he returned to his family waiting at the Idaho Falls Airport. Some of the family had other commitments but there were also several who could attend. We had Great-grandma Zella Hansen, G & G Denney, G Crystal, Christina, Courtney, Kyler, Amiee, Kyla, Heidi, Aden, Kyrstina, Nathan, Kenne's friend Matt Davis, and of course Kerry and I. Smiles were big, hugs were freely given, and a good time was had by all :)

3 comments:

Kylie said...

Welcome home Kenne!

Eric and Heidi-Evalyn Kowallis said...

Thanks for posting the family picture. I'll make a copy of it since we only had one. I'll have to post all of mine because I have a bunch of each member of the family taking their turn to hug Kenne.
See you this weekend!
Love Heidi

Rainy Day Farm said...

Wow I can't believe little Ken is now a return missionary. Those girls at the college better watch out he is such a cuttie too! Congratulations and best wishes to Ken! That is a great mission, both my brothers served in Houston!