Friday, October 9, 2009

Friends, Quilting, Fun!


It was girls weekend. 35 of us went to a beautiful cabin in Island Park for a weekend of fun. We arrived Thursday early afternoon and most stayed until Sunday Morning. I am spending Saturday with my family so I went up Thursday and came home Friday evening. I thought I took a photo of us all crammed into this beautiful living room but I guess I didn't get the photo. Imagine rows of tables with sewing machines. We used the top of the dressers and counters for cutting tables and ironing stations. We had cords going everywhere! I thought for sure that we would blow a breaker but we didn't. We had so much fun quilting, encouraging each other, and laughing! (We also had GREAT food!!)
When we got up Friday morning, it was snowing huge beautiful flakes. It snowed for a few hours and we had about 3 or 4 inches of snow. It was SO beautiful and peaceful. After a very difficult week for me, this was a wonderful event. Also, when I went out for a few minutes I saw two huge, beautiful elk. They were right in front of me in the road, looking at me. I wished that the battery on my camera wasn't dead :(.

1 comment:

Amiee said...

I'm SO glad you had fun!! Sounds like a perfect way to end spud harvest vacation! :)