Friday, August 15, 2008

Summer 2008

I have been reflecting on the summer as today is my last day before school starts. It has been a full summer with lots to do and lots left undone but I am grateful for all of the family experiences we have had.

Our first big event was May when Kyrstina graduated from high school. We are so proud of her. It was a fun day of family and enjoying grandkids, but it was also because my dress zipper broke and split all the way up the back so... I had to give kids back to moms and just worry about keeping modest until I could get home!


Our second big event were Park City Utah, condo vacation. We spent a week doing basically nothing but sleeping, relaxing, swimming, playing video games, etc. We enjoyed having Nathan's best friend Dillon with us. We also loved having Mike, Betsy and boys come up for a day with us.

Our third big event was Nathan's Baseball and Softball. As you can see from this photo it wasn't all cake and ice cream. Here he was playing softball and he looked away long enough to get hit smack in the eye. We were worried that he wouldn't be able to see the ball for his Baseball game but all was well. He recovered quickly. Nathan played 3rd base regular season, 2nd base and short stop during all-stars and he played short stop and pitcher for softball. It was a good year for him.


Another fun event was seeing Adam and Jenni and taking the whole family to Downatta Hot Springs. Dad and I have wanted to take the family there for several years and we finally did it. It seems that most everyone had fun and we hope to go again some time. This photo is Amiee and her cute new swim suit and Chris, Troy, Kyler and Brenda enjoying the spray area at Downatta.


Another fun family event was Jenni's graduation. We are proud of her and it was fun to spend this evening with them. We went to the graduation, had a photo session with family and then we all went to Millhollow for ice cream. Poor little Kyla had to go home because she threw up - poor sweet girl. But it was a nice evening.


The other thing we did while Adam and Jenni were here was go to Rigby Lake. Everyone got at least one turn in the canoe and we had lots of fun.

Well, that's not all the fun we had this summer, but that's all the time I have. I'll have to make part two another time. I guess to sum it up - I love summer. I love my family. I love spending time together and remembering the good times and trying to do better when we struggle. Life is good and I am SO grateful that now I'm bawling. Duties call so out for now. Thanks to everyone who helped make this summer wonderful. :)

1 comment:

Amiee said...

You are such an amazing person and an even better mom! Thanks for all you do. We are grateful for YOU too. We love you!