Thursday, August 28, 2008

Emergency Room Visit!!

Tonight I spent the evening at school having Back to School Night with the parents of my students. It was an enjoyable evening but of course I would always rather be home with my family. I came home eagerly anticipating seeing Nathan and Kerry. To my surprise, the lights were on, the TV was on, the computer was left in the middle of a game but no family. The thought (prompting) came to check the phones. Several calls from Madison Memorial Hospital were on both phones - the house and my cell. So. . . I immediately phoned the hospital. I explained, I am mom and grandma to several people living in Rexburg did they have any Denney's in the emergency room? The answer was NO. Did you have a Kowallis in the Emergency Room. Again, the answer was NO. I asked if Heidi might be in labor and delivery because she had already spent one evening in the hospital with premature labor. Again, the answer NO. Do you have any Christensen's in the hospital - NO. I hung up the phone thinking what to do next and immediately it rang. On the other end was Kerry. "Nathan crashed on his bike, you need to come to the hospital". Off I went. Evidently he was racing a car and his chain came off. He smashed his chin and has a HUGE gash. So about and hour and a half later he has many stitches, a very sore arm and an extrememly sore jaw. His jaw is going to be a problem for quite a while - the hit was so hard that his face is swelling and he might need to eat soft food for several days. Football is going to be on hold for a while too, but all is well and he is home and trying to sleep.












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poor Nate, those are some sad pictures.
We are glad he is feeling better and could play with us this weekend. Thanks for taking us four-wheeling we had a really good day with you guys! Thanks for your comments on my blog.
I am so excited for the baby shower! Love Heidi