Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day #12 - Tuesday - Airports

Tuesday morning we arrived in Portland and slept for a few hours on the airport floor. Then we boarded a plane for Salt Lake City around 10:00 a.m. and we will be landing about noon. We need to hurry home because we want to take Nathan to his baseball game in Driggs tonight. A few things that happened that I haven't mentioned. . . One of our flights we were seated directly in front of Dallin H. Oaks and his wife. She was ill so we refrained from taking their photo out of respect for them, however, it was fun to visit with him. He was preparing to attend a Stake Conference. Also, the only negative of the trip that I can think of was that due to the heat and humidity, my feet swelled up absolutely HUGE - so huge that I can't hardly get my shoes on. Other than that it was a perfect trip. As I sit in the airport reflecting on our adventures I think we had enough fun to last a life time. It was absolutely beautiful. . . wonderful. . . I still can't believe that we were able to go and do such a fun thing. . . . I loved every minute of every day. . . but I must say. . . there's no place like home.

No comments: