Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day #6 - Wednesday - New Side of the Island








Today was a variety of things. First in the morning we got up early and headed to the resort sales office for our regular sales pitch. It was actually a wonderful visit and we learned a lot about our Marriott option and how to better take full advantage of being an owner. Then we headed to the swap meet. My friend Marianne told me not to miss it and she was right! We had such a fun time spending way too much money to bring back gifts for all the kids and grandkids. It was a blast but of course too long for Kerry's taste, althought I seriously could have stayed another 3 or 4 hours! Then we decided to explore the other side of the island. Each time we have gone from South to North and back again (for dinner, to see Adam & Jenni, to visit the PCC) we have always gone around the West side of the island. This time we decided to go toward Honolulu and then up more toward the East side of the island. We drove through the most beautiful part of the island and through a couple of tunnels. We explored a few beaches and went back to the PCC for a couple of hours. Here is just a few photos of our beautiful day.
I took this photo of the restraunt where we ate dinner. It was a small family owned place with no walls again. There were a few mis-matched chairs and tables, or planks of wood sitting around and it was the strangest atmosphere - but absolutely delicious food.

1 comment:

Jenni Denney said...

I really need to stop by that restaurant some time. Every time I go by I either don't have the money or don't have the time (or both). Now that I have your recommendation, maybe I'll make the effort.